My favorite peanut buttery, chocolatey, crispy and oh-so-yummy homemade protein bars! 😍 these actually remind me of those scotcheroo treats…. only healthier!
- 3 cups brown crispy rice cereal (can sub part of it for gluten free rolled oats for less crisp)
- 1/4-1/2 cup vanilla protein powder or unflavored collagen or a combo of both (I use vanilla brown rice protein powder + collagen)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- heaping 1/2 cup nut butter
- 1/2 cup sticky sweetener (I use honey or pure maple syrup)
- 1-2 cups chocolate chips for topping (I use the brand EnjoyLife- use2 cups if you like a thicker topping!)
1. In a large bowl mix the first three ingredients.
2. In a pan over low heat, melt the nut butter with the sweetener and vanilla.
3. Pour liquid mixture over your crispy rice mixture. Mix super well! (You may have to use your hands and crunch the rice a bit)
4. Pour into a greased 8 x 8 pan and use your hands to push down.
5. Melt 1 to 2 cups of chocolate chips over low heat and spread on top.
6. Put in fridge until chocolate hardens then cut into bars and enjoy!!